Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Gramdma's Peanut Butter Bars

I did not get home until 7:30 pm, about 12 hours after I left the house this morning! Too tired to eat dinner, but by golly I had to make these! I had spotted this gem back in August, and saved it for just a night like tonight.

Grandma's Peanut Butter Bars
adapted from Megster Meter

1 stick (1/2 c) and 1 T butter
2 c powder sugar
2 c chunky peanut butter
2 c graham cracker crumbs

2 c semi sweet chocolate chips
1 T butter (come on what is another tablespoon at this point?)

 
Melt butter, beat in powdered sugar and peanut butter. Stir in crumbs. Press into a 9X13 prepared pan.


 
It worked very well to place peanut butter crumb mixture into bottom of the pan, and press into place using waxed paper as a barrier between your hands and the crumb mixture. Also that eliminated the need to lick your fingers!

Melt chocolate chips and the last (innocent) tablespoon of butter. I used the microwave and it took about 1 minute and 15 seconds. Stir well to combine, the mixture will look glossy. Spread over top.


 

After chilling 3o minutes, cut into small squares. Refrigerate. Yum Yum Yum, is there anything better than buttery, peanut butter and chocolate? I will take to work and share in the morning. 

Recipe rating:  Oh Yes! (will make again)

Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope your evening is just grand. Leave a message, it really makes my day, or night to read the comments.

M

No comments: