Saturday, January 23, 2010

Cooking marathon, because of me and my silly ways.

I just got through confessing on facebook about my behavior towards my cross-top freezer, here in the kitchen. My freezer apparently is having a problem with me, yeah I know, usually I am fairly nice. However, the freezer has a different opinion of me. Apparently I am...pushy. I mean come on, I thought I was being frugal. But as it turns out, I am pushy, pushy, pushy. I push more and more food into that little cross-top and it can't take it any more.

It froze up. Yes I know freezers are suppose to freeze, but not freeze up. I guess there really is a difference.

Hmmm, I don't think this belongs here!

I took all the food that would fit, out to the freezer in the garage. That now means I need to use up what did not fit, out there. So.....

There was 2 frozen bananas, I used those and the 4 in the fruit bowl to make a loaf of banana bread. The banana bread is in the oven now.

There is frozen ham hocks, I will make stock. Later in the week, I will make some lentil soup.

There was ground beef, I will use that tomorrow for White beans with ground beef and tomato sauce. I do think however, I will rename this dish in honor of my dad to Ken's favorite beans. 

There was packages of shredded zucchini from the kids garden. I will make zucchini fritters for dinner tonight.

But today is "Olivia Saturday".

I (try very hard) spend the third Saturday with our granddaughter Olivia. Fortunately Honey is also off work today. Olivia and I will spend some time with my sister Kathy downtown Vancouver walking around and stopping in a bakery that is just in the right spot. Then later we will have dinner with her Papa, when He returns from a model train swap meet. 

Pushy huh?, I would of never thought that before!

As always thanks for taking a moment to stop and say hello, I do appreciate it!

M

2 comments:

nicola@which name? said...

i do this to my poor freezer, too. and my freezer in the garage is a chest freezer that has to be manually defrosted (often, because a hired worker used it as a stool and dented the top, creating a thin gap in one corner).
not my favorite chore!
your little one is cute helping in the kitchen!
nicola
http://whichname.blogspot.com

Melynda said...

Thanks so much for visiting. I have your blog on my google reader. I like to visit often.