Friday, December 4, 2009

Roasted Pretzels, A little something to serve family and guests

Pretzels, I love them. They are cheap, versatile and always in season. They seem to be somewhat ignored, but this recipe will change that. Crunchy, sweet, savory, spicy and a touch of salt. I don't know about you, but surely covers all the flavor personalities that I want in my snack. Upon making these more than once, I have learned a trick or two about the cooling process.

 


Roasted Pretzels
adapted from Everybody loves sandwiches
300 degree oven

4 c pretzels
2 T butter
3 T real maple syrup
5 T brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground Chipotle (this amount offers a pleasant warm after taste)
1/2 tsp garlic salt









In a small saucepan melt butter and maple syrup together, stir in brown sugar bring to a boil. Stir in cinnamon, ground chipotle and garlic salt. Pour over pretzels, stir to coat evenly. Spread out onto a shallow pan. Bake 10 minutes, stir to bring coating syrup back onto the pretzels. Continue to bake 10 minutes more. Remove from oven and let cool on the pan about 3 minutes, stir to separate. Repeat this step in about 5 minutes. Let cool completely on the baking pan. This will help keep the pretzels separate and easy to serve.  Store in an air tight container, or just start eating!

 update:  If you are taking these to work to share, grab a stack of coffee filters and a set of serving tongs. Everyone can serve themselves into the little filter cups and enjoy them at their desk.




As always thanks for taking the time to stop and say hello.

This post is shared with:

 fresh clean and pure @ la bella vita

tip day Thursday carnival @ Around my family table

Simple Lives Thursday @ GNOWFGLINS

Foodie Friday @ Designs by Gollum

5 comments:

noble pig said...

Now this is a great idea!!

Jacqueline said...

OH, I know this is a snack that I would pig out on the whole bowl. Your flavor combinations sound fabulous and I love the little bit of kick.

Melinda said...

What a fun idea! The humble pretzel elevated to yummy heights!

ButterYum said...

I always have pretzels on hand too. And I love anything with chipotle. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Happy FF.

:)
ButterYum

Candace said...

ohmygoodness! Between this recipe and the pretzel toffee recipe, I'm in heaven. I'm copying both of these recipes down. Thank you for sharing!