Sunday, November 8, 2009

Monday night brights

I finally emptied a bottle of wine! Funny when I don't need a bottle, there seems to be plenty.

The line up, Blueberry Cinnamon, Chive and Garlic, Peppers and Onion, Orange Mint. I have apple in the works now.

I salvaged this from the waste basket at work. Remember these? Old phone message carousel. With email this was just collecting dust. What did I do with it.....

Filled it with crayolas, retractable (clicker) pens, blunt end scissors, note paper and I will add "easy out" markers and colored pencils. A handy (and fun) media center/holder for quiet times.

It is time to restock the out side pantry. I think I feed more squirrels than birds, but all is good.

A great price on Bartlet pears. I was thrilled, I will get to make a batch of pear butter.

Roasted peppers ready to package and freeze.

They are placed into sandwich bags, and sealed.

Then all the bags go into a freezer bag for long term storage. I do not skin and remove the seeds until I go to use it. These will taste very good this winter. Last year I spent money on peppers and froze them (raw) but I did not use them, a total waste. Never again, this is the way to go. It is easy, and they can be used in so many ways.

Shhh, the lookout.

Thanks for taking a moment in your day to stop and say hello.

M

1 comment:

Sadge said...

I clean and cut most of my bell peppers into 3/4 inch squares, raw, freezing them on cookie sheets and the storing them in a freezer bag. All winter long I dump a handful into soups, stews, eggs, you name it. I also roast some bells and my chiles, but take the time to skin and seed before freezing them whole, separated on cookie sheets then bagged. Those I chop or dice as needed. I think taking the time to process all at one time makes mealtime easier.