Wednesday, October 7, 2009

It has happened again......

.....I'm so busy making a living, I don't have the time to make a life.

Or at least the life I want. The life I know can exist, and be enjoyed.


A life where there is energizing work away from the home that includes the accumulated product or investment of time that will produce a paycheck. Work that leaves enough energy that the end of the day is a joyful return back home. To begin and enjoy the tasks that when completed, fund a life well lived.

I have good intentions, and I am not lazy. But I do not have enough day at the end of my work day, to live the life I want and need on a deeper level.

So I have made the decision to search out a different job. I know, I know. The economy is not good now, but may not get better for months, maybe longer.

And I do not want to wait any longer.

My quest for this life that I want/need to live began many years ago.

I have accomplished many of the things on my list, that needed to be done. But there is more I want and need to get done. Including more serenity.
So if you find my posts infrequent, please don't go away. Please understand that I am working harder than ever. My current "shift" is 10-12 hours everyday, before I get home. It is a bit easier in the last 2 weeks of each month. The time sensitive reports etc that must be done, have all been completed and sent to upper management.

I have peaches in the fridge, waiting to be cooked, or jammed or something.

I have sauerkraut I want to try to make.

I have ginger beer and/or other fermented foods to try my hand at.

I have homemade gifts for my family that I want to make.

I have recipes to scan and get organized.

I have a garden that needs to be cleaned up for the winter.

And a granddaughter I have not been able to spend time with on "our" Thursday evenings.

I have many many things, too many to list here. But I think you get my point.

I thank you for taking the time to stop and say hello.

M

2 comments:

Pam said...

I've been feeling pulled in a million directions lately. So much to do, so little time.

noble pig said...

Life is crazy, just crazy. You'll find something!