Saturday, September 26, 2009

Flavored Vinegar with Peppers and Onions

This book looks familiar because it is just like the mustard book, only for vinegar. I purchased both books at Powell's many years ago, knowing I would journey back to where I am going. I have been going "home" since I returned to Vancouver in 2003. A lot of steps along the way, but each day the journey takes me closer to my kind of home.

A home where food is cooked with fresh ingredients, and served with pride. Where furnishings are comfortable and you can put your feet on the coffee table, while you sip your coffee. Or eat a slice of pie, or sip a glass of wine.

Today I made seasoned vinegar with pepper and onions.  This is a wonderful flavored vinegar to keep on hand.

Vinegar with Peppers and Onion
adapted from:  Gourmet Vinegars
makes 1 qt finished vinegar

1 green pepper, chopped fine
1 yellow pepper, chopped fine
1 red pepper, chopped fine
1 red onion, cut in half and sliced thin
1 quart vinegar


The onion and peppers vinegar is on the left. 

The resting time is 4 - 6 weeks.

Recipe rating:  Oh Yes! (will make again)

As always thanks for taking a minute to stop and say hello. We appreciate your time and your wonderful comments!



3 comments:

noble pig said...

I love the idea of that blueberry one!

Melynda said...

noble pig,

I made the mint and orange combination after reading about your salad with the mint and champagne vinegar dressing. That sounded so good. I think this will be good for de-glazing a pan after browning chicken or pork chops as well.

Tiffanee said...

Loving this!! Thanks for opening my eyes. Bookmarking to make some and soon! Thanks again!!