Monday, August 17, 2009

Monday night brights

This is daughter's old ENVY full keyboard phone. She upgraded when she could, and I got this one. I am happy to have a larger screen and a full keyboard, the thing is though, the keys are in different places!


The June bearing berries are still producing. Not a lot, but a couple more "harvests" and I will have enough for a "Backyard Pie".

When we went to Sellwood for the afternoon, we spotted this. Of course it hangs in the kitchen.....
Hmmmm is this a warning or a testament?

This is the last of the plastic garbage bags. By the time this 1/2 roll is gone, there will be a worm farm in process and we will be able to drop the garbage pickup to every other week. On of my many little plans.

Roasted Cauliflower salad. Slice the cauliflower, cut a large lemon in 1/2. Place the cut cauliflower in a bowl, squeeze the lemon and add about 2 T olive oil. Stir to coat well. Slice the squeezed lemon in thin pieces. Arrange the veggies on a baking tray and sprinkle with garlic salt. Roast 500 degrees for 12 - 15 minutes on a cookie sheet (rimless) or 20 - 25 for a pan like this one. YUM!

Here is the bread I took to this fun event.

As always thanks for taking the time to stop by.

M

3 comments:

amandalouden said...

Loved that you got your daughters hand-me-down phone. That's great. Dont you find it funny when our roles reverse with our children?!

good luck with your worm farm. I did not have much luck keeping them a live. :(

noble pig said...

I want that sign, LOL!

Melynda said...

Amanda your right my kids have reached that age where the giving back has begun, and it is fun!

Noble Pig, I could not resist that sign either.