Monday, July 6, 2009

Monday night brights

I have been wanting to try grilled romaine salad, we did last night with grilled mustard oregano marinated chicken. What a nice dinner. The first of the season that I have grilled. There will be more.......

These look rather boring, but they are thin nylon (heat resistant) spreading spatulas, but let me tell you, they are the secret to getting a stuck cake out of the pan in one piece. (They are probably found everywhere, but I got these from the King Arthur flour website)


A batch of Manicotti readied for the freezer. Frozen without sauce, this way they can be cooked in any sauce you want, homemade or jarred for those busy days. Filling from Fix Freeze and Feast.

The Marion berries are ripening.


More cookbooks for a "song".


Now a daily harvest. I have been freezing (IQF) and will have enough for a couple batches of jam.


Organize your fridge like a dresser with drawers, it will hold quite a bit more.


OK, it is true, more red stuff. (I cannot say I am done, I know red is coming to an end, I just know it!)

And last but not least, I now have a laptop to use as a cookbook in the kitchen. I have a scanner and jump drive coming by postal. That way I can scan my clipped recipes and have a PDF file to use.
I am so excited!!!


As always thanks for taking the time to stop by.
M

2 comments:

noble pig said...

I love the fridge idea. Are those drawers attached or resting on the shelf?

Melynda said...

They are simply resting on the shelves. No more lost in the back and now forgotten stuff.