Friday, July 31, 2009

Looking forward to Saturday

Here in the Pacific Northwest, we have been informed that by Saturday, the temperature will be returning to normal.

I can tell you that before I moved to this area from Yakima, I lived in the 100+ degree weather every summer for about 20 years. No air conditioning and of course that was during my "earth mother" days of canning. But I was younger then.

I have been here since 1987. I have not missed those 100+ degree days, no sir, not one day.

So I will be so thankful for our "normal".

And a return to cooking. And not come home from work limp from the heat, with no thought in the world in making a dinner.Yes I am looking forward to Saturday, because this poor candle (well it was at one time!) planted in a mostly shaded area outside in a sitting area, is the only thing that got "cooked" this week!

As always, thanks for taking a moment to stop by.

M

1 comment:

noble pig said...

It's only 93 today! Yippee!