Wednesday, July 15, 2009

1 gallon and more to come


Who would of believed that the little pickings that I have done would add up so quickly to a sizable amount of raspberries? When I bagged up the berries picked this evening; there were four, one quart bags of IQF raspberries.

I have been searching the internet for jam recipes, and funny thing, I have found a couple that I want to make - but they do not contain raspberries. Don't get me wrong, I could make a couple batches of plain raspberry jam and it would be just fine. But I would like to make at least 1 batch of something just a little bit different. Since the raspberries are safely put away in the freezer, the raspberry jams can wait.

This weekend I thought I might make a batch of this apricot jam, since the apricot season is upon us now. And I better hurry or I will be to late for this strawberry balsamic jam. And this great looking strawberry rhubarb jam. One of my desires when I started making jam again was to make jams and preserves that were a little out of the ordinary, a touch more interesting than a plain jam or preserve.

I will have a couple of quarts of blueberries. I think I might have to bake a blueberry pie or two with those. For me blueberries really shine in pie. And my guestimate that I would have enough marionberries for a batch of muffin looks about right. The freezer holds about 3/4 cup of marionberries, and maybe there is another 1/2 cup or so to ripen.

Time to settle in for the evening, set coffee for the morning and catch some sleep. As always thanks for stopping by.

M

1 comment:

noble pig said...

You have hit gold!