Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Shop from the pantry first, except

I have a menu set for dinner on Sunday, and now I need to work on the grocery list. However I have made the decision to "shop" from my pantry before I go to the grocery store. I know, I know this is basic common sense. But you know how it can be, every day leading up to a planned event is just as busy as the day before. At some point in time you simply say to yourself......

"I'll just pick it up at the market, we will use what we have later".

I have found, that "later" keeps changing. Why? Because the next time you have a planned event, guess what, you are busy again!

My plan is to get the pantry organized again (there is that word again!) and "shop" for Sunday Cafe and then write up a grocery store list of the remaining items. Honey is on the night shift this week, so it is a good time for this to get done.

Oh My Gosh, here is my disorganized pantry............

This is the center shot, the top shelf is fairly organized and the bottom shelf, is small appliances and jelly jars waiting for more jelly making. This should keep me busy the rest of the evening!

As always thanks for taking the time to stop and say hello.

M

1 comment:

noble pig said...

I know. When the pantry is disorganized it's easier to just buy it, then look for it. Good luck!