Monday, May 4, 2009

Monday night brights

Long time no blog!

There is a reason for my absence, and it has to do with a hutch well not really it has to do with 3 hutches.This is hutch number one, it is my original hutch. I have had it for a number of years and it just was not large enough. But I really did not want to have to get rid of it. It is a nice piece of furniture and besides I needed a place to keep stuff. You know really important stuff like trinkets and photos and gifts from the grandkids. So we moved it to the living room and I have a few things in it, just so it did not sit there empty.

This is the replacement hutch, also known as hutch number 2. I love it. It is a bit more shabby that the photo showed it to be, and after the years of grime were washed away. But I am enjoying it, a lot. The door needs some adjusting, but that did not stop me from scrubbing and filling it up.

And then I found this! This is a kitchen hutch (a built in unit) from the 60's. By default we shall call this one, hutch number 3. It came out of the kitchen in a house being remodeled. See those drawers? I love those drawers. The actual hutch part is sitting behind the drawer unit. It needs a quick sanding and refinish and it will be a free standing storage hutch/pantry in the kitchen. I cannot wait, truly!

This is one of those little hinged boxes (which I have a fondness for). It is in the new hutch in the dining room, on the shelf between the plates. It is not readable but it has a little pillow that says "home sweet home".

How the dining room looks with the new hutch.


A another shot of the raspberries. They really took off after being stakes up. Might have enough berries for a batch of homemade jam with home grown berries.

I have washed more surfaces and dishes that I can count, but it is nice to be getting these things done. One of these days I might actually cook something again!

Thanks for taking the time to stop by.

M

3 comments:

Pam said...

Oh how I would love to have fresh raspberries growing in my yard.

Melynda said...

The berries started out with 2 blueberry bushes, 2 raspberry and 2 marionberry. But I would really like more. Thanks for stopping by.

noble pig said...

My raspberries did not grow last year and I have no idea why! The hutch looks beautiful.