Sunday, April 26, 2009

Today's Sunday Cafe

The final menu, as usual is a bit different than the one planned days before. There are reasons for this, such as......

I did not have an ingredient, or I was too lazy to do it, or at the last minute; it just did not sound good.
Corn Moussaka, I had not made this in years. It is good, I especially enjoy the baked cheese topping.

(Not pictured)

Honey mustard curried chicken thighs over Quinoa, I had not tried or cooked Quinoa before. I like it, and will cook it again.

Tossed Salad with caper Vinaigrette

Buttered green beans

Sweet potato pie, this was on a lark. I had a couple of roasted sweet potatoes in the fridge. Who knew it would be the favorite dessert?

Rich chocolate pudding cups


Yes those are carrots, getting ready to be turned into....


Carrot pie. I might look like pumpkin, but it is lighter in spice and texture. I found the recipe in Family Circle (I believe) magazine, about 20 years ago.

I decided to have a colorful fruit plate, when I got to the produce section. I made a simple drizzle sauce out of vanilla yogurt, brown sugar and some cinnamon.

I was feeling a bit lazy today, so no bread or biscuits. I also did not make the spicy meat patties. That will have to wait for another post.

Everyone had a nice visit, Honey had to work, so he joined us on his meal break. The first load of dishes are in the washer now, and there is more on the counter waiting!

I need to package up the leftovers, and get ready for the start of the work week.

I hope you had a nice weekend, and as always; thanks for taking the time to stop by.

M

3 comments:

noble pig said...

Now that's a feast.

Pam said...

What a delicious meal from start to finish. Nicely done.

megan (brooklyn farmhouse) said...

Wow, that's quite a spread!!