By 3:00 pm this afternoon, we became grandparents to 6 great kids. You may remember this story about a Cowboy Birthday, or this one about an update on this little cutie he is much better, by the way!
Now these little guys are part of the family, done deal, said the Judge. I wanted to brag a bit about the increase in grandchildren, but did not know exactly how to do that, until I read Michelle's post on her award, and wouldn't you know it, she passed it on to this blog.
The rules of this award are as follows:
~ Share eleven random facts about yourself
~ Answer Michelle's eleven questions
~ Pass the award on to other bloggers
~ Ask these bloggers eleven new questions
Somewhere along the way, I just knew I could get in a sentence or two about the grandchildren.......
Eleven random facts:
My sense of smell is very much in tune with my sense of taste. If it doesn't smell good, it won't be going in my mouth.....plus, if it smells really good and the taste is not true, I am very disappointed. A perfectly good waste of tummy space, if you ask me!
In 59+ years I have not learned to whistle.
I usually wear the same pair of shoes everyday until they wear out, buy another and repeat the process.
I get up at 4am seven days a week. It is very rare for me to sleep in, and when I do, my whole day is off kilter.
In the last 20 years I have gone from 12-15 cups of coffee a day, down to 3.
My eyes can change color to match a predominate color that I am wearing.
High heels make me feel as if I am falling over, and I probably am!
Blue jeans are a blessing from above, I wish they were n compliance with the dress code at my job!
I have big plans for making everything we eat, then real life happens and I have to go to work.
I love Christmas! It is not the gifts, it is the love that we share and the ties that bind.
Sunday breakfasts should be pie and coffee!
Eleven Questions from Michelle:
1. What was the first meal you cooked?
Fried eggs and toast for my father, I was probably 9 or 10 at the time. I took great care in not popping the yolks.
2. What is your favorite movie?
The Four Seasons with Alan Alda and Carol Burnett. It is funny and thought provoking.
3. What is the favorite post on your blog?
I love this post, she was a wonderful woman and Grandmother. When I think about how I want to be as a Grandmother to our little ones, she is the blueprint I follow!
Grandma's Apple Pie, a true story
4. Do you like your name, do you think it fits you.
For about the first 30 years I wasn't certain I liked my name, except for the part where I could tell the story that my father wanted to name all of his daughters Wilhelmina, and mother always found something else before she left the hospital. Then a few years after that I realized that there is a certain personality that goes along with a name, and I would be a part of my name. After that I starting the think that after all, it did fit me or possibly I fit the name.
5. Are you on time or do you tend to be late?
6. Are you a planner or are you spontaneous?
Some things in my opinion need planning. Everything else is more fun spontaneous!
7. What is the best piece of advice that you have been given?
That the opposite of love, is fear.
8. What was your favorite childhood toy?
Books! (All the Little House on the Prairie books)
9. If you could be a villain for a day, who would it be?
Wow, this is so hard, I don't think I can answer it.....
10. What is the best thing that ever happened to you as a blogger?
Making blogging friends! I don't do this for any reason except to share and please myself with some creative outlet.
11. If you could live anywhere, where would it be.
I have those silly "if we win the lottery" conversations with my husband about all the houses we could have scattered in every little town we would like to live in, but in truth I would live right here in our little house with the garden in the back and family close by. Life is good!
And the award goes to (completely random from my reader list):
Little House Living
Create with Joy
Eleven Questions to Answer:
1.Why do you write your blog?
2. What is your favorite time of day?
3.What is your favorite thing to cook?
4. What is your favorite quote and by whom?
5. What is your favorite food that you don't have to eat?
6. What is your least favorite household chore?
7. What does your perfect day look like?
8. What do you want your readers to understand most about your blog?
9. How long have you been blogging and why do you continue?
10. How do you keep creative?
11. What is your best recipe?
As always, thanks for taking a moment to stop and say hello. We appreciate your time and your wonderful comments!